Enrol Now
Enrol Now

Professional Face, Body & Spa Therapies

Level 5

Hone your advanced skills and go from beauty therapist to beauty guru!

Exclusive internship opportunities

Internship opportunities may be offered with our industry partners such as Forme Spa, Caci Clinic, Ragdale Hall in the UK and Hamilton Island on the Great Barrier Reef. 

Internship costs of travel, accommodation and living expenses are at student's own cost. Programme related costs cannot be used to contribute to the costs incurred to complete an internship. Programme Leaders will provide further information about internship options and costs. Where an international student has arrived without the necessary endorsement on their Visa for an internship, but then chooses to do an internship, Elite staff will assist in the process while the responsibility remains the student's.

Personalised skin consultation and kit

There’s nothing like using products yourself to really understand them. Get a personalised skin consultation with an Ultraceuticals Skin Expert and a range of personalised Ultraceutical products to use yourself during your study.

Course content

Design, implement, review and adapt beauty treatments so you can provide customised treatments and plans for the different needs of your clients. Learn advanced body and facial electrical techniques which will improve, rejuvenate, rebalance and rehydrate the skin to look and feel its best.

Master advanced hair removal using electrolysis Deliver rejuvenating relaxation to your clients with Deep Tissue, Hot Stone and Aromatherapy massage. Explore a holistic approach to wellness mastering specialised scrubs and body wraps. Learn essential salon management skills, including how to run your own small beauty practice.

Career Opportunities

This course will give you the skills for roles in the beauty therapy industry such as:

• Beauty therapist both in NZ and internationally
  • Salon manager
  • Salon business owner
  • Cosmetic product company representative
  • Working in beauty on a cruise ship or overseas resort
  • Teaching and facilitating beauty seminars

Entry requirements

• Completion of New Zealand Certificate in Beauty Therapy Level 4 or equivalent skills and knowledge and experience, and/or equivalent qualification(s).
  • Be at least 18 years old.
  • IELTS Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or NZQA approved equivalent.

Get More Info

Loading form...

Intake Dates 2020

Auckland Campus
06 April 2020 
20 July 2020
24 August 2020
02 November 2020

Hamilton Campus
6 April 2020
24 August 2020
2 November 2020 

Wellington Campus
2 March 2020
24 August 2020
7 September 2020
2 November 2020 

Duration

46 Weeks including 10 Week holiday (12 weeks Recognition of Prior Learning will be applied for the new student who completed their Level 4 with us).

2019 Course Costs

Tuition fees: $19,500.00
Course fee: $2,300.00

The New Zealand Government has imposed an international student levy on tuition and course related fees. From 1 January 2019 the levy will be 0.89% of the compulsory tuition fees.

Qualifications Awarded

New Zealand Diploma in Beauty Therapy  Level 5

Elite School of Beauty & Spa is one of the trading names for the registered PTE New Zealand School of Tourism. Your enrolment is with New Zealand School of Tourism Ltd and your qualification is issued by the New Zealand School of Tourism.