This brand new qualification picks up from our Level 4 course and really prepares you for the demands of the beauty therapy industry. You’ll learn practical, hands on training in advanced body and spa therapy services and products. It also goes a step further, teaching you the skills needed to manage salon operations including the ins and out of managing your own salon business.
In addition to this programme you can choose to complete CIBTAC and CIDESCO international certifications.
- Current industry trends
- Advanced facial treatments
- Advanced body treatments
- Advanced massage
- Advanced hair removal including epilation/electrolysis
- Body scrubs and wraps,
- Spa services incorporating hot stone treatments and aromatherapy
- Design, implement and review specialised treatment plans
- Adapting treatments through consultation, current trends and emerging technology
- Professionalism in the industry
- Related beauty sciences
- Professional behaviours and standards in relation to beauty practices
- Business practices including developing a business plan
This course will give you the skills for roles in the beauty therapy industry such as:
- Beauty therapist both in NZ and internationally
- Salon manager
- Salon business owner
- Cosmetic product company representative
- Working in beauty on a cruise ship or overseas resort
- Teaching and facilitating beauty seminars
Get More Info
2018 Intake Dates
5 February 2018
$14,143. Discounts are available for those who enrol in one of our 18 month or 2 year programmes.
Compulsory course costs are $2,100
Student loans and allowances are available through Studylink.
Elite reserves the right to make changes to timetables and course structures to meet operational requirements. Please note that all courses are run subject to numbers and space availability.
New Zealand Certificate of Beauty Therapy Level 4 or equivalent
New Zealand Diploma in Beauty Therapy Level 5
*Subject to NZQA approval